If you are an employer that is looking to advertise an employment opportunity, please contact us with your posting information.
Counselling Student Support Worker
House provided by the Pikangikum Education Authority (rent deducted off of pay cheque)
Salary: $75,000 per annum
Christian Counselling Services is welcoming applications for the following position: Registered Psychologist/Social Worker/Therapist
Christian Counselling Services
Christian Counselling Services is seeking to expand our clinical team to include a Registered Psychologist, Registered Social Worker, or Registered Therapist. Areas of clinical work will include general psychological issues that affect populations across the lifespan with a particular focus on children, youth, and families. The position will be part-time to start, with future expansion to full-time.
Clinical Health Counsellor
Full Time- 40 Hours Per Week
- To work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental, emotional and spiritual health.
- Provide counselling and treatment services for staff/clients, and their families.
- Maintain confidential records regarding all clients as gathered through the interviews, counselling sessions, observation and assessment.
- Guide clients in the development of appropriate skills or strategies to address presented issues. Teach life skills/strategies to staff and/or their families.
- Perform crisis interventions with clients.
- Monitor clients to evaluate efficacy of therapy.
- Collaborate with other professionals as needed to assess client needs or plan therapeutic care.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, responding to and providing support for clients and their specific issues.
- Maintain professional social services knowledge.
- Engage in continued professional development through: reading professional literature, attending courses/seminars, and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
- Develop working relationships with others to facilitate related program activities.
- Refer staff/clients or family members to other community resources or appropriate specialists as needed.
- Coordinate/direct employee workshops, courses and/or training regarding health and wellness.
- Educational Requirements
- MA in Counselling/Psychology or Social Work
- Additional training in recognized trauma therapy: EMDR/OIE
- Proof of professional standing (Province of Alberta)
- 3 years (minimum) with proven experience in trauma therapy and PTSD.
Please submit resume to the below e-mail address or fax.
The Salvation Army
Community Services (Fort McMurray)
LOCATION: Community Services Centre
9919 MacDonald Avenue
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1S7
Fax: (780) 791-2909
Date of Posting: June 22, 2017
Wage: To be negotiated
Deadline: Until Position is Filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Touchstone Counselling Group, Moncton NB
Employment Opportunity for the position of: Counsellor (part-time, building to full time)
Established in 1990, Touchstone Counselling Group is a non-profit counselling agency providing professional family, individual, and marriage counselling services under the guidance of a local Board of Directors. We are committed to the highest standards of professionalism and the assurance of confidentiality in dealing with all our clients. Touchstone counsellors are trained in a variety of current theories and interventions as treatment is provided to clients. Along with this, counsellors are trained to integrate a Christian worldview into client’s treatment for those clients who desire this.
Touchstone Counselling Group is seeking to add to our team an individual who meets the following qualifications:
– Minimum of a Master’s degree in Counselling or related field
– Current insured member of the Professional Association of Christian Counsellors and Psychotherapists or an equivalent association (e.g CCPA)
– A member or pursing membership with the College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick
– Christian faith that informs personal life and professional practise
– Understanding of integrative processes as it relates to faith and practise
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience
– The ability to work with a wide range of clients
– Flexible schedule
– Demonstrate the ability to maintain organization in the areas of clinical record keeping and bill submission
– Able to be a part of a team of counsellors
Please submit your resume with cover letter to: Touchstone Counselling Group, Attn: Jeff Stubbert, 23 High Street, Moncton NB E1C 6B4 or by email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Living Well Counselling Services
Positions Available: Contractor – Provisional/Registered Psychologist, Registered Social Worker or
Close Date: Position will be open until suitable candidate is found
Living Well Counselling Services Inc. is currently in the process of hiring part-time contractors in Calgary, Alberta.
Potential Candidates will:
-Possess a minimum of a Masters degree in their related field
-Be registered with a professional governing body in Canada, such as PAA
-Have professional liability insurance
-Have experience counselling clients with a variety of concerns
-Be a spiritually sensitive therapist, with a holistic approach to treatment, and will be able to describe succinctly what this means and how it is incorporated in their treatment. Being a professing Christian is an asset, to accommodate client requests for a Christian therapist, but not mandatory
-Have a desire to be in private practice, will work well independently and have their own professional supports in place (case consult groups, professional networks, supervisor)
-Will be available to work daytime or evening. Friday evening or Saturday day/evening availability is an asset
-Be willing to use Living Well office space OR will have their own private office space to accommodate clients
-Be a strong team player in terms of vision, and an asset to the Living Well team
-Possess willingness to take part in case consults with Living Well peers when
-Be detail oriented in terms of administrative tasks such as progress notes, billing
submissions and invoicing
-Will be teachable, and will demonstrate an openness to lifelong learning
-Be willing to accept 5-15 hrs per wk contract work depending on current intake load, and more if the therapist has space available and intake loads are higher
-Ability to work with children and/or teens is an asset
-Ability to work with couples is an asset
-Work & experience with men’s issues is an asset
-May or may not be able to offer teletherapy or therapy via Skype based upon their own personal approach, licensing body requirements and/or equipment
-May or may not be able to offer group therapy
-May or may not be willing to offer a sliding scale to those clients unable to afford full fees
-If successful, candidate will be required to supply their own professional picture, along with their professional bio and will possess liability insurance through their governing body
Wage: Hourly $70-$100 per client hour, based upon experience
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit resume with cover letter with subject line: Therapist Position to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include wage expectations, hours of availability and available start date in cover letter.
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Director of Children’s Services
Principal Director, Programs and Operations
Part-time Maternity Coverage, Counsellor